Enjoy online worship every Sunday at 10am here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadhWgYDQqqm-T6pRVqOtQQ
Service is followed by a virtual coffee hour on Zoom (see this week’s YouTube video for the link)
Welcome to the St. Stephen’s webpage. We are so glad you are visiting us online!
We have all been experiencing the effects of measures put in place to try and flatten the curve related to COVID-19. There have been tremendous acts of love in evidence as people try and protect those most vulnerable in our communities. Many of us are also experiencing the challenging impacts of social isolation, as we lose our in person opportunities for connection.
The Session had hoped to continue in person services for as long as possible, as our spiritual health is just as important as our physical and emotional health. However, given the strong measures being put in place to stop person-to-person transmission of this virus, we have made the difficult decision to not have in person worship Sunday March 22 or Sunday March 29. We will reassess the situation at the end of the month.
Please remember Peter’s words, “You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 2:5). St. Stephen’s is not closing.
We will be worshiping virtually together on Sunday for all who have that capability. Our YouTube channel is called “St Stephen’s PC Ottawa.” A link will be sent out with the live stream in a separate email and announced on Facebook and our website. There are a few other ways in which we can stay connected:
- We are hoping to start an online Bible study next week. Email me if you are interested in joining!
- The newsletter will be prepared as planned and emailed/mailed out. If you have had an experience of God’s presence during this period that you would like to share, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday to be included in the newsletter.
- Continue to pray for each other and connect by phone and video chat
- Stay connected through our Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/ststephenspcottawa)
- Please consider supporting St. Stephen’s financially during this period of virtual worship. We still have bills to pay, and many of our tenants are suspending their activities as well. Here are three ways:
This time of isolation will be challenging to many people. I know the huge hearts within our community, and I know you are already reaching out to one another. Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus! If you know of anyone who needs groceries or medication and cannot get out, let me know.