A number of groups meet monthly. Guests and new members are always welcome.
• Open Door Circle – Ladies’ group that focuses on educational, outreach and fundraising activities. The group also decorates the church for Thanksgiving and Christmas and enjoys dinners together. They also organize an annual dinner in June for all women of the congregation.
• The Prayer Team – This group quietly performs a most vital service within our congregation by praying for St. Stephen’s members and their friends and acquaintances. The team currently consists of six members but would be happy to see that number increase.
• The Pastoral Care Team – Although operating without formal structure, this dedicated group, over the past year, has made close to 400 contacts with members of the congregation through cards, telephone calls and delivery of flowers. Contact is made on a casual, as required basis. There are currently five lay pastors.
In addition to the above groups the following committees meet on a regular basis and welcome the talents and skills of new membership.
• Finance and Maintenance: Responsible for financial and administrative activities; the oversight for maintenance of the building, church grounds and related equipment; management of contracts for secretarial and caretaker services.
Mission and Outreach: Seeks to develop awareness that outreach is central to our role as Christians through participation in outreach activities – both local and through the larger church.
• Worship and Nurture: Works closely with the minister to provide stimulating worship experiences and Christian education opportunities for all age groups.